Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cool Down Bertha - Oil Cooler

Just got back from KL, tired, exhausted but since this is my last off day, I had to fully utilise it. What better way to utilise it by rewarding Bertha with a proper car servicing, and while we are at it, install an oil cooler at the same time! This used oil cooler was previously on a Legacy GT.

Anyways, wanted to install it at Lim Tan Motorsports, but their schedule was fully booked for the day and asked me to come back on Saturday morning. Even then, I will only be able to collect it on Saturday afternoon, 2pm. Fair enough, a workshop popular with Evos, Wrxes, this type of waiting time is expected. So told the guy I might come down on Saturday and went off to meet another Subaru bro who wanted to sell his downpipe. Went to his regular workshop, EdgeTuning with the intention of just seeing the downpipe and nothing else. Before you know it, i've decided to install my oil cooler and my scheduled servicing with them. Was promised it would take around 2-3 hours but in the end, i spent close to 5 hours there. That oil cooler was a pain to custom fit it on Bertha, but it was worth it in the end, looks sweet on her.

Review on the workshop, the mechanics there top notch. One of them was formerly from BMS, so he knows his Subaru cars. Not many cars yet as the workshop just opened, but the problem is that they only have two mechanics. So even if there are not many cars, their turnaround rate for cars is not that good, hence long waiting time. The bosses of the shop, like most bosses, give the friendly service, very proffesional. Got a proper air-conditioned chill out area for those long waits like today. Price, definately not the cheapest and I sensed they got abit offended when i tried to bargain the price, which i didn't like at all. So this is not the place to bargain for a better price. Also, they had spent some time on my car, and there was this Legacy customer there and I overheard the boss saying to the mechanic to not too spend too much time on my car and to attend to the Legacy GT car. Is my Bertha not as important as that Legacy guy. Arse. Hmmm, in front of my face they say they will give their all to my car, hence the higher prices but behind me, say this, arse. Anyways, asked their chief mechanic about this and he told me not to worry, he will do a proper job on my car first before moving on to the next. He also knew I was fasting, so he rushed to finished my car before 6pm. Anyways, would I go there again? Maybe, maybe not. I would go back there for the excellent mechanic, not for their fake face managers.

Anyways, there goes my last day off before going back to work tomorrow and like all off days, most of that day was spent at a car workshop... :-) So Bertha, hopefully this will help you to cool down on those hot days. Next on the list, injectors and TMIC.. I can't wait!

No comments: